1236 College Drive - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
The Ukrainian Catholic Religious Education Centre was initiated by His Excellency, Bishop Andrew Roborecki in the mid-70’s to provide home programs for children as well as adult religious education in the rural areas of the Saskatoon Eparchy. This was in response to Vatican II “to make one’s faith become living, conscious and active through the light of instruction”. In September, 1977, Pope Paul VI called upon the bishops of the world to set up a Religious Education Centre in their eparchies/dioceses.
The Religious Education Centre for the Saskatoon Eparchy was first
housed in the Sister Servants of Mary Immaculate home in Regina (1974-1980)
and then Saskatoon (1980-1986). In 1986, the Centre was moved to the Sheptytsky
Institute in Saskatoon where it occupied Rooms 26, 28 and 30. In June 1994,
the Centre was relocated to the original Sheptytsky library where it is still
Operated by the Sisters Servants of Mary Immaculate, the Centre is an excellent resource for materials. The Centre facilitates education in-services, Catechetical workshops, parish programs and retreats.
Contact the Centre for hours of operation.
Call: (306)652-1718; Fax: (306)374-9894
Home | Introduction | Accommodations | Student Centre/Alumni | Ministries | Fundraising | Contact Us
1236 College Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, S7N 0W4
Phone: (306) 653-1711 • Fax: (306) 653-1714
Sheptytsky Institute acknowledges and appreciates
the use of material
originally prepared by the Metropolitan Sheptytsky Society of Saskatchewan.